Is NIOS valid in UAE? Does UAE Accept NIOS?
- Posted by: Times Education
- Category: Hobbies
Established by the Ministry of Education (MOE) in 1986, the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) provides vocational, technical, and academic courses at the Secondary as well as the Senior Secondary level.
They also offer a Diploma in Elementary Education designed to develop the attitudes, competencies, and skills of untrained teachers currently employed in various primary schools across the country. You can download the NIOS online course material to get more in-depth information.
In this article, we cover the benefits of having a NIOS certificate and its validity in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Advantages of Acquiring a NIOS Certificate
Listed below are the primary NIOS certificate benefits you must know:
- Flexibility to choose a course: Besides the regular academic subjects, you have the freedom to pick a vocational or life enrichment course that would help you secure a high-skilled job in the future. Apart from that, these courses are fairly easy to navigate for most students.
- Ample opportunities in the future: Many people assume that NIOS-certified students don’t usually take to higher studies. However, that couldn’t be further from the truth. In reality, many NIOS alumni go on to study in prestigious institutions, such as Aligarh Muslim University, Allahabad University, Punjab University, Delhi University, Delhi University, and Indian Institute of Technology (IITs).
- Transfer of credits: Since NIOS has tie-ups with state open schools, state boards, international boards, international open schools, national boards, and other national open schools, your credits are transferrable.
- Great course curriculum: The books studied under the NIOS courses are designed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT). These are to the point, easy to follow, and up to date.
Besides, NIOS is a 100% legit education board registered under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
Does UAE Accept NIOS?
The NIOS has several overseas centers as well as international collaborations, such as the United States of America, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Australia, Singapore, United Kingdom, Nepal, New Zealand, Canada, and Malaysia.
So, to answer your question – a NIOS certificate is fully valid and acceptable in the UAE. It is, in fact, reported in Time of India, that Indian expatriates are turning to the NIOS centers in the UAE to obtain a Class 10 (secondary school) certificate.
The Present State of NIOS in UAE
NIOS-certified educational institutes in UAE provide several community-oriented, life enrichment, and vocational courses to millions of students. For example, the Atlas Group of Institutions has trained more than 5000 students between 2010-2020 through various open schooling courses.
The largest NIOS campus is the UAE International College Ajman, which is one of the institutes under the Times Education, UAE Institutions.
Formerly known as National Open School (NOS), the NIOS is a government-authorized board (like ICSE and CBSE) that is recognized by educational institutions and universities across the world – including the ones in the United Arab Emirates.